Thursday, February 13, 2014

Greg Gutfeld

I think Greg Gutfeld is very funny and clever and smart.  I watch him as a part of "The Five" on FNC and before that I might have seen him on Red Eye late at night. I hadn't ever read up on his background until just now.  Turns out, we share a lot in common.  From Wikipedia:


Gutfeld was born in San Mateo, California. He attended Junípero Serra High School[3] and the University of California, Berkeley, graduating in 1987.[4] In a 2009 interview, Gutfeld explained that he started to experience a change in his political thinking while he was attending UC Berkeley:[5]
"I became a conservative by being around liberals (at UC Berkeley) and I became a libertarian by being around conservatives. You realize that there's something distinctly in common between the two groups, the left and the right; the worst part of each of them is the moralizing."
He currently resides in New York City with his wife, Elena Moussa, whom he met in London, where he lived for three years. He has described himself as an "agnostic atheist".[5][6] Gutfeld was raised Catholic and once was an altar boy.[7]


Which means that he probably had to stop by my office at 120 Sproul Hall sometime between 1985 and 1987 when he graduated from Cal.  

I guess I haven't hung around enough conservatives to become the libertarian that Gutfeld became.

No comments: